John and Gui talk about Google's and Microsoft's recent announcements at their developer conferences, and how they might affect Apple. They also discuss the viability of 3rd party Twitter clients, whether Apple is behind in terms of AI, and if a developer's cut of an App Store sale will ever be increased.
Special thanks to our good friends of the show: Harsh Dhabhai and Veger, for supporting us on Patreon!
Announcing The Aftershow: Live Q&A with John & Gui
We're super excited to announce The Aftershow - a new monthly live video Q&A show for Stacktrace patrons! The first live stream will take place on the Tuesday of WWDC. Read more and sign up for The Aftershow here.
Links and show notes
- Our Patreon
- Stacktrace on Twitter: @stacktracepod
- Gui on Twitter: @_inside
- John on Twitter: @johnsundell
- "iOS to macOS – A Developer's Journey"
- Apple's job post for the declarative UI framework project
- 9To5Mac's report on the iPhone SE design rumors
- Twitter's new Account Activity API
- Google I/O keynote in 14 minutes, by The Verge
- Microsoft's day 1 Build keynote in 15 minutes, by Engadget
- Microsoft's day 2 Build keynote in 5 minutes, by The Verge
- Google Duplex
- The Turing Test